What a week 8-15-2010

Well, this week was crazy! I'm glad the first week of school is over, Ella's first day is over, most of the sign ups and supplies are DONE and this week I can try to catch up. I have to get a few more supplies, add a lot to my calendar and try to fit in some time for myself. Ha ha.
Today the sermon at church was really nice and I took a lot of notes. It was about sharing your faith by being yourself but also about reading who you are sharing with. The passage was from John and was about how the disciples first met Jesus. I found it interesting what made each one follow him. The pastor gave me real insight on what motivates people. For instance, Peter was purpose centered so Jesus challenged him right off by calling him the Rock. Peter did live up to this name and met the challenge. He went through all of the disciples in the passage. Very cool. I love it when the sermon makes me think.

I am reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens and I hope it will end well. There is nothing worse than a book with a bad ending. Except maybe a movie with a bad ending. I finished Bram Stoker's Dracula and I have to say I was surprised that it was such a page turner. I did want to shout at the characters at times because they did not see the obvious. So far, Great Expectations is pretty good and is very funny when you catch the humor.
When Ella's first day at school went down, Ella was ready. Frank went with us and Ella was excited. She told me she was not going to give me a kissing hand and she meant it. I cried as soon as the teacher starting reading it which annoyed Ella. Then when it came time for us to exchange kissing hands Ella said no way. We had our picture made and left and Ella was very happy. I hope she will be as fine tomorrow. I'm afraid the lunch line will stress her out.
Elise is in the middle school band I had to go get her an instrument this week. She had used my 30 year drum (got it when i was ten) for the past two years and dragged that heavy thing to school. She had to have a bell kit and a snare drum this year. So I went to Lane music and I made the lady give me used price for a new one and did the rent to own thing. Then I looked on the internet and found a PEARL one for the same price as I rented that one and it had free shipping. I can insure it for $14 a year. I took it back and that was traumatic. The new one should be here Tuesday. I should have shopped around first and I know that!
A lot is going on for Ella's birthday. I have to make her a poster, make her a scrapbook page for school, figure out a party, mom and Jon are coming and maybe my cousins, figure out a cake, and on and on......I hope I can get this all done! LOL
Tomorrow I am going to try to relax for the first time in a while. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment